How To Clean Cymbals
Are your cymbals starting to lose their shine?
Well, you’ve come to the right place! A lot of drummers never, ever clean their cymbals. And there isn’t
anything wrong with that.
But, if you like your cymbals looking nice and shiny, and sounding bright too, this guide will teach you how to polish cymbals properly.
Steps To Clean Cymbals
- Get a bottle of liquid Brasso.
- You will want to take your cymbals and strip them of any hardware.
- Now that you have prepped your cymbals for cleaning, apply some Brasso in the shape of a ring. Starting at the bell of the cymbal, or near the edge of the cymbal if you would prefer to start there.
- Get scrubbing.This step should only be necessary if the cymbal is particularly soiled or has deep grooves.
- Dry and polish. Once you have rinsed off the last of the cleaner, grab a towel or polishing cloth and give your revamped pies a good dry and buff.
One other thing to mention… you can also clean your drum hardware with Groove Juice. Same method, just sprays, wait and wipe. It’s as easy as it sounds, and a bottle only costs like 7 bucks. Do yourself a favor and avoid the pain of brass polish.