7 Best Drum Set For Church – Reviews of Some Outstanding Models
Churches are forever in need of drummers and musicians for their worship teams. A lot of drummers play in church weekly. Maybe it’s your first ever experience playing the best drum set for church in front of the crowd, even if you don’t play in church you might get a call asking if you want the gig.
Spending time getting really good drum sounds are worth it, because of the style in church if you can get really good drum sounds your mix will be good.
When it comes to drum set, it is important to have a good cymbal selection, also the drums themselves, the heads you put on and the mic placement and all those things.
Best Drum Set For Church : Our Picks
1- Tama’s Starclassic Performer B/B drums.
This Tama Starclassic Performer B/B is a 5-piece drum shell pack that provides sweet and deep hybrid tone, exhibiting the focused attack of birch paired with the enhanced lows of bubinga.
This Tama shell pack includes a 22″ x 18″ kick drum, 10″ x 8″ and 12″ x 9″ toms, and 14″ x 12″ and 16″ x 14″ floor toms. The tom shells are 6mm thick with 4 outer plies of birch, and 3 inner plies of bubinga.
The kick drum shell is 8mm thick with 5 outer plies of birch, and 3 inner plies of bubinga.
The MTH909 slideable tom-holder gives you nearly limitless setting flexibility.
- Tigerwood outer ply
- Burshed Black Nickel shell hardware
- Die-cast hoops
- Star-Cast mounting system with quick release system
- Limited Qty: 40 kits
- Bass drum(s): 22″ x 18″
- Tom(s): 10″ x 8″, 12″ x 9″
- Floor tom(s): 16″ x 14″
- Snare: Not applicable
2- Sonor SQ1
The attractive colours and designs of legendary vintage auto classics were the inspiration for the SQ1 series colour pallet. Four beautiful, matt lacquer surfaces are manufactured by Sonor in Germany with a precise grinding, polishing and painting process. All shells in this series are additionally sealed inside with a special lacquer.
- SQ1 Series
- Studio configuration
- Drum shell is made from 100% European birch
- Bass drum shell: 10-ply, 10 mm in thickness
- Floor tom and tom tom drum shells: 7-ply, 7 mm in thickness
- 45° bearing edge
- CLTF “cross lamination tension free” glued on drum shells and an OSM “Optimum Shell Measurement”-reduced drum shell diameter ensures optimal vibrational behaviour
- Sound Sustainers – drum mounts for toms and floor toms
- TuneSafe screw lock (prevents tension rods from loosening, maximising stability)
- Bass drum comes equipped with natural beechwood hoops
- Toms comes equipped with Remo USA Ambassador coated- and Remo Ambassador Clear resonant drumheads
- Bass drum: Remo USA Powerstroke 3 Clear- and Powerstroke 3 Fiberskyn resonant drumheads with Sonor logo
- Lacquered silk-matte
- Colour: GT black (GTB)
- Made in Germany
Drum shell set includes:
- 20″ x 16″ bass drum without tom tom rosette
- 12″ x 08″ tom tom
- 14″ x 13″ floor tom
3- PDP Maple kit
The Concept Series by PDP has a fresh new look and a sound that already has drummers talking. The concept maple shells deliver famed warm depth and range and come in a myriad of todays most popular configurations. Then, add toms or bass drums to build custom-style kits to suit just about every musical style. Concept Maple drums are available in high-gloss finishes, all with chrome or black hardware.
- Dual-Turret Lug, True-Pitch Tension Rods and Die-Cast Claw Hooks
- Graduated Counter Hoops
- 7-ply Tom/Kick Shells and 10-ply Snare Shells
- MAG Throw-Off and Fully Chromed Snare Wires w/ Carbon Steel Coils and Brass End Plates
- Stands and Cymbals Not Included
4- Pearl Reference
Reference Series Drums are the product of what became a two and a half year search for harmonic perfection. Like keys on a piano, each drum in a kit should combine to create a singular instrument without losing its own sonic signature.
With this concept in mind, Pearl explored the many options in the Masterworks crafting process to find the perfect combination of shell material, thickness, and edge profile for each individual size and type of drum. The result is a collective of individually-engineered drums dialed-in to the best sonic character for that drum’s intended voice.
Truly, the reference standard for quality and sound performance.
- Reference Series
- Colour: Arctic White (#109)
- Chrome hardware
- Bridge style lugs with a unique swivel function
- Diecast rims
- Aluminium Optimount tom tom holder
- Reference drum shells impress via a combination of task specific bearing edges and wood combinations
- Bass drum is with 6 inner plies from mahogany and 2 external plies from maple
- 10″ Tom with 4 external plies from maple and 2 inner plies from birch
- 12″ Tom with 6 plies of maple
- 16″ Floor tom with mahogany on the inside for deep, full frequencies with the accentuated warmth of maple wood on the external of the drum shell
- Reference kits sound very warm thanks to their thick drumshells
- Somewhat lacking in overtones lacking due to the bearing edge and diecast rims
- 22″ x 18″ bass drum (without rosette)
- 10″ x 7″ tom tom
- 12″ x 8″ tom tom
- 16″ x 14″ floor tom
- Cymbals, stands, hardware, snare and other drumshells are not included.
5- DW Collectors
This DW Collector’s Series Maple Drum Set has a sound that compliments a wide variety of musical styles. The DW Maple SSC Shells provide resonance, projection, and attack with low fundamental tones. Features an eye-catching Burnt Orange Glass FinishPly, Chrome hardware, and DW True Hoops.
- 5-piece Drum Kit with 10″ and 12″ Rack Toms
- Black Nickel Hardware – Silver Abalone
- 14″ Snare Drum
- Shell pack only. Hardware and cymbals are not included.
6- Mahogany Gretsch Catalina Club Rock kit
Gretsch’s Catalina Club range was one of the original mid-market trailblazers, offering a variety of sizes, good looks and decent quality. The revised range builds on that solid foundation with the very fetching sparkle lacquers, classic rock sizes and great sound.
Gretsch is one of the brands that carry an association with rock, jazz drum kits.
The Catalina is Gretsch’s second most affordable range, after the “energy” series, with the Club Jazz package being their most “well” pricedkit.
7- Yamaha Stage Custom Birch
The Yamaha Stage Custom has been a popular kit for nearly twenty years and has recently been given a major overhaul with updated design and upgraded elements.
You can now buy the Stage Custom as a shell pack or as a kit with 780 hardware.
- Set includes:
- Included Drums: 20×17 kick, 10×7 rack tom, 12×8 rack tom, 14×13 floor tom, 14×5.5 snare
- Included Hardware: TH-945B 3-hole receiver with (2) YESS tom mounts, (3) floor tom legs
- 100% birch drum shells with air seal system
- 45-Degree bearing edges and Absolute-style lugs
- No cymbals, stands, or kick pedal, or throne included